Pages

Behind The Story


A little background on my first book, The Colorless Forest  - 
I wrote the story mid to late 70's when I was a teenager.  I held onto my original story and drawings for all those years.  Fast forward to the year 2015, when I planted a seed in my head to illustrate and write a book. My goal was to come up with a story to send positive messages to children.  Many ideas were swirling around my brain, when I remembered the book I once wrote many years ago. I pulled it out of a box in the basement and blew off the dust.  The drawings were rough and the story was type written on strips of paper and stapled to each page.  But, I still loved the story and thought, this will be my first book!

The story teaches about colors and how you can make any color with the three colors red, blue and yellow.  It also met my goal of sending a positive message. It shows how color makes things beautiful and unique.  If everything was the same, it would be boring.  The characters in the book are a monkey, a squirrel and a bird.  I added a 'secret' frog to each page.  The frog is never mentioned in the story, but is on each page reacting to the events of the story.

After hours and hours of research, rewriting, finding the right medium and recreating all my drawings, I had a finished product. I am very proud of my first book.

Below are some before and after images of my book.  Notice the frog in the new version? 







No comments:

Post a Comment