Pages

Gracie's Glasses - Interesting Facts

As I work on next book, Gracie's Glasses, I wanted to share a few interesting facts about this book.

Here are eight fun facts about Gracie's Glasses:

1.  The characters in the story are a cat named Gracie and a dog named Lucy.  Gracie and Lucy are the actual names of my daughter and soon to be son in law's pet cat and dog. They are my grand-dog and grand-cat!

2. Gracie and Lucy are both rescue animals.  Cool, right?

3. Gracie was adopted a few years prior to Lucy.  It took Gracie a while to warm up to her new roommate, finding alternative ways to maneuver around the apartment. This is why I made Gracie the character that wants to blame everything on Lucy.

4.  I tried to draw them as close as I could to their likeness. What do you think?


5. The message in the story came to me from a facebook post I saw one day.  It just made me think a little harder about how we all walk around with our own view of life. Sometimes a little oblivious to those around us.  Gracie learns this lesson from a pair of glasses Lucy has her try on.

6.  I am using 4 different shades of gray marker to draw Gracie.  I believe I am running out of ink in my Cool Gray 10% marker. Oh No!

7.  I blame the Washington Capitals for the hold-up in the completion of the book.  I am a huge hockey fan and it is really hard to watch such a fast paced game and draw at the same time.

8. I plan on having a spring launch of the book.  I am really excited about this book and am having a lot of fun working on it!  

Bonus: Here is a drawing from the book for your viewing pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment