Pages

Having fun with Jerome Needs a Home

I have not posted in a while, seems I have been very caught up in my latest creation, "Jerome Needs a Home".  I have been having so much fun with this book!

The main characters in the book are Jerome the "Alien" and Gretel a zookeeper at the Brightmeadow Zoo.  Jerome arrives at the zoo one day in a wooden crate labeled BEWARE.  It ends up Jerome is quite friendly and asks Gretel to find him a home.   They venture through the zoo trying to find Jerome just the right home.

What makes the process of creating this book so much fun for me is the different characters I have been able to draw.  First off, we have Jerome, the Alien.  Jerome could be anything I wanted him to be. Only criteria here was to make sure he had a long neck and big ears, to fit into the story line. 

 
Next, we have Gretel, which was fun drawing a human being. Had fun drawing her with her cute pigtails and bows.  And lastly, the different animals.  The more challenging aspect, but also so much fun to draw.  Take all that and add to it I was able to use a lot of different marker colors. Always so exciting me!

I am closing in on completing my drawings for this book and can not wait to get this one published for all to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment