Pages

Find your bliss

Find your Bliss.

My next book, book number three, will be available very soon. It is in the final proof phase. I will be announcing the release date later this week.

This book is another illustrated, rhyming children’s book, just like my other two. I used an inspirational quote as the subject of the story, just like the other two.  The quote I chose for this book is one that I truly believe in. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls” – Joseph Campbell.

What does this quote really mean?  To me, it means if you keep your mind open and fill it with your thoughts and dreams, the universe will find a way to unite you with your dreams, your bliss.  I also feel that knowing your bliss or even knowing what bliss is, can be difficult to define.  For me, it is something that you love, something you can lose yourself in, something you can find a lot of joy and happiness in.  If you have that passion, if you really want it, the universe will unite you with your bliss. 

What is your bliss? Do you have something you can define as bliss? Drawing and writing these books is bliss for me and also an example of this quote in action.   On January 1st, I began writing things down that would fulfil me, what would make me happy?  One of my items was to find a hobby, something I felt passionate about.  I didn’t know what it would be and just started jotting down thoughts on a daily basis. One of my thoughts was to draw, get up in the morning and before you start work, just draw something. I thought this would just be a fun creative thing to do.  One thing led to another, the universe began breaking down walls and leading me to my bliss…..my drawing.  Here I am 5 months later, getting ready to release my third book and loving every single moment of the process. It gives me great joy and happiness.

How does the quote relate to my next book? The next book is called The Answer Box.  It is the story of  a dog who has a ball he loves to play with.  He thinks he would have a lot more fun if he had someone to throw it for him.  One day while walking down the street, he runs into a big box full of all his dreams and wishes.  A genie pops out to tell him if he keeps all his dreams in his head every day they will come true. The Genie vanishes, leaving Zen, the yellow lab, alone with his thoughts. Billy Beauregard, the new kid in town is in search of someone throw his ball to.  He also runs into the big yellow box and has a similar experience as Zen.  Billy is also left by the genie, alone, with only his thoughts in his head. One day, Zen drops his ball, it rolls down the street right up to the feet of Billy Beaureguard.  The two become friends and learn that everyone has an answer box in their head and their dreams can come true if they keep them in their thoughts every day.


This may seem deep and a little magical, but the story is simple and tries to relay the idea to just keep dreaming and good things will come.  Find your bliss…… 

I hope you all enjoy my next book and I am very excited for it to come out. In the meantime, I am engrossed in my bliss and have begun illustrations for my fourth book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment